“A Next Generation Lawyer”
Michele’s practice covers all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control and foreign investment, cartels, abuse of dominance, state aid and regulated industries.
She has particular experience of advising clients in the regulated sectors, including energy and utilities, water and telecoms. Based in London, she has also spent time on secondment in our Beijing, Brussels and Washington DC offices.
Michele is recommended for EU and Competition law in the 2017 and 2018 editions of the UK Legal 500, where she is named as a Next Generation Lawyer. She is also recognised as a Future Leader in Competition Law in the 2017 and 2019 editions of Who's Who Legal: Competition and as one of the 40 Notable Women Competition Professionals in Europe in Private Practice by Women AT’s 40 in their 40s publication.back to tab navigation
- Advising Berry Global on the global merger control and competition aspects of its £5.1bn public bid for RPC Group.
- Advising Comcast Corporation on the global merger control and public interest aspects of its £30bn public bid for Sky plc, including achieving unconditional Phase 1 clearance from the European Commission for the transaction, and the global merger control and public interest aspects of its $66bn bid for the global assets of 21st Century Fox.
- Advising Experian plc on the CMA's Phase 2 investigation into its proposed acquisition of ClearScore.
- Advising CVC on the merger control and competition aspects of its equity investment in Premiership Rugby.
- Advising CVC and Formula 1 Group on the merger control and competition aspects of the sale of Formula 1 Group to Liberty Media.
- Advising CK Hutchison on the European Commission’s investigation into its proposed acquisition of Telefonica UK and its subsequent appeal of the European Commission’s decision to the General Court of the European Union.
- Advising the UK Government on the State aid, competition and regulatory aspects of Royal Mail’s privatisation including obtaining European Commission approval for the UK Government’s assumption of certain liabilities of Royal Mail’s pension scheme and its refinancing of the Royal Mail balance sheet.
- Advising a number of utility clients in relation to appeals of price control determinations to the CMA and regulatory/competition investigations.
- Advising a number of global financial institutions and private equity clients on the merger control, competition and regulatory aspects of various acquisitions in the UK regulated sectors.
back to tab navigation
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, UK (Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, distinction)
- Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, US (Frank Knox Fellow)
- Harvard Law School, US (LLM, Frank Knox Fellow)
- Queen’s University Belfast, UK (LLB (Hons) in Law and Accounting, First Class Honours)
Solicitor, England and Wales
Solicitor, Republic of Irelandback to tab navigation
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HT
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001