Igor is a Counsel in our firm’s Amsterdam office and specialises in financial services regulatory and securities law.
He is a member of the firm’s global financial institutions group and routinely advises a broad range of clients on many different financial services and regulatory issues, including on the regulatory aspects of complex transactions such as high profile M&A, IPOs and reorganisations.
Igor's other key focus area is equity capital markets transactions, having experience in advising both issuers and underwriters on primary and secondary securities offerings, as well as advising issuers and listed companies on compliance with corporate governance and financial markets regulation matters.
In the course of his career at Freshfields, Igor has worked for six months in the financial institutions group in our London office.
Igor is a native Dutch and Russian speaker and also speaks English, French, German and Spanish.
- Advising the London Stock Exchange Group plc on its transaction with a consortium including certain investment funds affiliated with Blackstone as well as Thomson Reuters to acquire the Refinitiv business in an all share transaction for a total enterprise value of approximately US$27 billion.
- Advising the London Stock Exchange Group plc on the establishment of its Turquoise platform in the Netherlands (Turquoise Global Holdings Europe B.V.).
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition by CVC Fund VII of TMF Group from funds managed by DH Private Equity Partners.
- Advising various global banks and asset managers on their Brexit contingency planning.
- Advising NN Group on its all-cash public offer and related acquisition financings in respect of Delta Lloyd for €2.5bn, to form a leading insurance and asset management company in the Netherlands.
- Advising UBS on the merger of its European wealth management business into UBS Europe by way of a simultaneous cross-border merger of the Italian, Spanish, Luxemburgish and Dutch wealth management entities into UBS Deutschland, which was at the same time converted into a societas europaea.
- University of Leiden, The Netherlands (Dutch law - LLM in Dutch corporate law; Minor in Business Administration)
- University of Sankt Gallen, Switzerland (European Summer School in Management)
1077 XZ Amsterdam
T +31 20 485 7000
F +31 20 485 7001
- Gesellschaftsrecht und M&A
- Equity Capital Markets
- Börsennotierte Unternehmen
- Finanzinvestoren (Private Equity)
- Finanzierung und Kapitalaufnahme
- Börsengänge und (andere) Emissionen
- Vermögensverwaltung und Regulierung
- Financial Services Regulation