“The "outstanding" Julian Long counts a number of FTSE 100 companies among his enviable client base, who rely upon his "gravitas and quality" in complex transactional work. He is notably skilled in cross-border and international matters.”
Julian is a highly rated global M&A partner.
Julian was named Financial News partner of the year in 2015 and top of the Mergermarket table of UK lawyers by deal value in 2018. He combines this transactional work with strategic advice to boards of publicly traded companies on activism, capital raisings, corporate governance and crisis and risk management.
Julian has a long-standing excellent reputation as a board adviser, reflecting his broad experience across a range of sectors and geographies. He is particularly valued by clients for his relationship skills, which are evident in his calming influence and reassuring manner.
He is also a senior sponsor of our global associate innovation group, which drives forward many of our legal tech innovation projects.back to tab navigation
- Novartis on its portfolio transformation including the asset swap with GSK (oncology, OTC and vaccines assets), the sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly, the put of its stake in the consumer health joint venture to GSK and other M&A transactions.
- AstraZeneca on its defence of Pfizer’s bid, the financing of its collaboration with Daiichi Sankyo, its collaboration with Merck and its acquisition of Acerta.
- Cancer Research UK on the consortium arrangements behind the UK Centre for Medical Research and Innovation (UKCMRI).
- Comcast on its successful public auction against 21st Century Fox for Sky.
- Aberdeen Asset Management on its merger with Standard Life.
- BP in relation to the acquisition of BHP's shale oil and gas business and in relation to the Gulf of Mexico.
- RELX on the simplification of its DLC structure.
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HT
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001