Walid is a Senior Associate and Head of Mergers and Acquisitions, Global Transactions and is based in Riyadh.
Walid is the head of our mergers and acquisitions practice in Saudi Arabia and is based out of Riyadh. Fluent in Arabic and English, he has significant M&A experience for private equity houses, sovereign wealth funds and family office/holdings. He also advises on strategic joint ventures for leading multinational companies. Walid was also seconded to one of the international banks in Saudi Arabia and our London office for extended periods of time.back to tab navigation
- CNIC Corporation (one of China’s SWF’s) on its investment in Aramco Oil Pipelines alongside other Chinese SWFs and EIG Global Energy Partners. The total investment is for a 49% stake.
- China Merchants Union (one of China’s SWF’s) on its investment in Aramco Gas Pipelines alongside Blackstone and Hassana. The total investment is for a 49% stake.
- Alpha Capital Saudi F&B Growth Fund On its acquisition of 35% of Food Specialized Company Limited a Company that owns and operates six branches of restaurants specialized in selling burgers.
- Khazanah Nasional Berhad on the divestment of their entire stake in Jadwa Investment Company, held indirectly through a Bahraini subsidiary, for an undisclosed sum.
- Shiseido on reorganising Shiseido’s Saudi business and look to set up a joint venture to streamline the Saudi operations.
- Regional Sovereign Wealth Fund on its acquisitions and stratergic investments/joint ventures including,
- A significant minority equity stake in the International Company for Water & Power Projects (ACWA Power) and the follow-on acquisitions in ACWA;
- On its joint venture with Alabbar relating to setting up an online retail platform and increasing its stake in one of the leading Saudi companies in the field of electricity and water generation
- Investment fund vehicle (Jada) on investing in a local private equity fund aimed at the quick service restaurants sector;
- A consortium comprising US oil and gas conglomerate and SIIG on the $3.6bn financing of the NCP Project in Saudi Arabia including ECA, SIDF and commercial bank funding;
- Acquisition of a significant minority stake in RSGT (Red Sea Gateway Terminal) which is a red sea port operator in Saudi Arabia;
- On its potential cross-border joint venture with a Koran lithium battery manufacture to develop and set up a factory and a technology centre in KSA to manufacture lithium ion batteries;
- On a landmark investment in the first fully digital bank in the Kingdom called D360 Bank. The investment represents a joint venture with Derayah Financial Company;
- On the acquisition of the entirety of the shares in Saudi Centre for Artificial Intelligence;
- Potential acquisition of a significant minority stake in a Hydrogen and Nitrogen gas manufacturing facility in KSA;
- On the joint venture with the health arm of another SWF to create rehabilitation service centres in Saudi Arabia.
- Kings College, University of London, UK (LLM - masters in international business law, 2007)
- College of Law, Guildford, UK (legal practice course - corporate pathway, 2005)
- University of Sussex, UK (LLB - law, 2003)
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (2006)
Riad54 Al-Ahsaa Street
T + 966 11 479 2200
F + 966 11 479 1717