Charlotte is a dual-qualified, tri-lingual senior associate in our financial services group advising a range of clients on their most complex financial services regulatory issues.
Charlotte advises banks, fintechs, payment systems, asset managers, corporates, private equity and sovereign wealth funds on the impact and implementation of the latest financial services legal developments as well as regulatory aspects of M&A and other transactions involving financial institutions. She is particular interested in the intersection of technology and financial services. She has particular expertise in payments, fintech and artificial intelligence issues. Charlotte has also undertaken secondments at J.P. Morgan.
Charlotte is passionate about Diverisity and Inclusion. She co-founded the Freshfields Asian Affinity Network in 2021. As co-chair of the network, Charlotte is always looking for opportunities to collaborate with others to advance the conversation around D&I.
In addition to English, Charlotte is fluent in Mandarin and German. She is qualified in England and Wales and New York.
back to tab navigation
Charlotte's experience includes advising:
- Visa on its acquisition of Earthport plc and the development and governance of new payment products.
- Western Union on the sale of Western Union Business Solutions to Goldfinch Partners and Baupost Groups.
- A global financial institution on successfully obtaining all of the required regulatory approvals in order to take it private.
- a global commodities house on the establishment of a new commodities trading hub.
- British Telecom on the development of new payment products.
- Major investment banks, telecommunication firms, payment systems, fintechs and charities on the implementation of PSD2.
- General Atlantic Partners on regulatory issues in connection with the acquisition of Argus Media.
- Global banks and payment systems on Brexit-related mandates.
- China Construction Bank on establishing the inaugural London RMB clearing platform.
- BA (Hons) in Jurisprudence, Oxford University, 2009
- LL.M. in Corporate law, New York University School of Law, 2010
- LPC, BPP School of Law, 2011
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2013
- State of New York, Attorney-at-law, 2012
London EC2P 2SR
T 020 7785 2687
F +44 20 7832 7001