Real estate finance
Investments, divestments and real estate funds.
Our global real estate finance team advises financiers, borrowers, real estate investment trusts and funds on a wide range of property investment and development financings and their tax implications. We act for many real estate investment funds advising on setting up, structuring, launching and promoting real estate investment funds and feeder funds established in various jurisdictions, as well as advising on investments and divestments made by them.
We are experienced in sectors that involve a large amount of real estate knowledge, such as hotels and leisure; care homes and healthcare; retail; infrastructure; and office and industrial. The bulk of our practice group is based in Europe, but we also help real estate fund clients in Asia and the Middle East/North Africa region.
Typical transactions include:
- major real estate investments (both direct or indirect) and divestments;
- complex investment structures, including joint ventures, real estate investment trusts, limited partnerships, unit trusts, open- and closed-ended funds;
- establishment, promotion, listing, regulation and operation of funds;
- investing in other funds – including devising efficient structures;
- identifying tax solutions, negotiating tax exemptions or treaties with other states;
- innovative financing methods; and
- complex development projects.
- Leasing- und Pachtverträge
- Planungs- und Umweltrecht
Alexander Watt Partner
Dr. Johannes Conradi Partner
Nicola Franceschina Counsel