“He is universally viewed as a rising talent in the context of high-end private equity deals. Some of the firm's most significant financial sponsor clients benefit from his 'fantastic' expertise.”
Charles is global co-head of our financial sponsors group. He specialises in high-profile and complex acquisitions, carve-outs, take-privates and exits for some of the world’s largest financial sponsors.
Charles is sought after by clients who value his technical and commercial excellence on a full range of financial sponsor deal types.
His client base covers global private equity houses, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and corporates. Having spent time on secondment with Goldman Sachs and in Freshfields’ MENA offices, Charles has a thorough understanding of the needs of our global financial sponsor clients.
Charles speaks English, French and German.back to tab navigation
- Advising GIC on an investment made by their venture capital team into Checkout.com.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its minority equity investment into Premiership Rugby.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the proposed take-private of Nasdaq Stockholm-listed Ahlsell AB by CVC Fund VII in an offer that values Ahlsell at USD 2.65 billion.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners and Messer Industries on the acquisition of the US divestment assets of Linde and Praxair following the announcement of those parties’ intention to merge.
- Advising aPriori Capital Partners and Neuberger Berman Group on the sale of Guala Closures, a leader in specialty closures for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries, for €1.1bn to Space4, a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by Space Holding and listed on the Borsa Italiana.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of TMF Group, a leading provider of specialist business services to clients operating and investing globally, from DH Private Equity Partners, for €1.75bn.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of QA Group from funds managed by Bregal Capital LLP and advised by EMK Capital LLP.
- Advising Neptune Energy Group, backed by funds advised by The Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners, on its acquisition of ENGIE E&P International S.A. from ENGIE Group.
- University of Edinburgh, UK, and Aix-Marseille Université, France - Erasmus programme (MA (hons))
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2006)
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HT
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001