Maha is a corporate senior associate in our global transactions group, working from our Dubai office.
Maha worked in our London office prior to moving to Dubai. She advises a broad mix of financial sponsors and strategic investors on their investments across emerging markets. Maha is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.back to tab navigation
- Holcim Group Services Ltd on the divestment of their entire stake in Ambuja Cements Limited and ACC Limited for US$10.5 billion.
- General Atlantic as lead investor in the US$260 million Series D funding round of Sun King (formerly Greenlight Planet).
- General Atlantic on its investment in the Series B funding round of Reliance Health Inc..
- A consortium of investors, including Danone, on the acquisition by way of competitive auction, of West African dairy giant, Fan Milk.
- A private equity house on the acquisition of Mouka (from Actis and the founding family), a leading Nigerian mattress manufacturer and distributor.
- A private equity firm on the acquisition of 100 per cent. of The Avenue Group Limited, which offers affordable healthcare over integrated with quality healthcare provision across Kenya.
- A private equity firm on the acquisition of a 75 per cent. stake in Healthlink Management Limited, a leading specialised healthcare services business operating in Kenya.
- A private equity firm on the acquisition, by way of auction, of East Africa’s largest all-day casual dining coffee house, Java House.
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in GEMS Education, the world’s largest provider of K-12 private education.
- Fajr Capital on its cross-border acquisition of a controlling interest in Dubai-based Cravia Group, one of the region’s fastest growing F&B companies and owns the franchise rights/licence to operate brands such as Five Guys, Cinnabon, Seattle's Best Coffee and Zaatar w Zeit.
- Gulf Capital on the acquisition and subsequent sale of Destinations of the World, the travel accommodation wholesaler, to Webjet, a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Oman Telecommunications Company SAOG (Omantel) on the sale of its passive mobile tower infrastructure assets to Helios Towers plc (Helios Towers) for a cash consideration of US$575 million. Freshfields advised on the sell-side auction process for the sale of its passive mobile infrastructure assets comprised of 2,890 towers in Oman, and the entry into a long-term master services agreement to continue to utilise the tower assets.
- National Energy Services Reunited Corp. on its acquisition of SAPESCO, oil services company in Egypt.
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2014
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School (London), 2011
Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law (London), 2010
BA Economics and Religious Studies, University of Virginia, 2007
DubaiICD Brookfield Place, Level 13 DIFC, PO Box 506569
T +971 4 509 9275
F +971 4 509 9111