'Risk and compliance' podcast series
Arbitration Insider: Why is climate change and arbitration such a hot topic?
Arbitration Insider is a podcast series focusing on international arbitration produced by the New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC) and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
In this first episode, co-hosts Rekha Rangachari, Executive Director of NYIAC, and Olivier André, Client Relationship Advisor at Freshfields, focus on the trend towards climate change and arbitration. This topic has become a hot issue over the past few months as the public and private sectors are faced with increased pressure to engage more actively in combating climate change and to reach the targets set by the 2015 Paris Agreement. In that context, arbitration is increasingly being used to resolve various climate change related disputes and the international arbitration community itself is embracing various initiatives to reduce its own carbon footprint.
Podcast guests include Lee Rovinescu (International Arbitration Partner, Freshfields), Eric Franco (Disputes Global Expert & General Counsel, Engie Peru), Lucy Greenwood (Independent Arbitrator & Founder of the Campaign for Greener Arbitrations), Christoffer Coello Hedberg (Legal Counsel, Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce) and Kiran Sanghera (Special Counsel, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre).
- Campaign for Greener Arbitrations – A Framework and Green Protocols
- The Green Pledge - Green Pledge | Campaign for Greener Arbitrations
- ICC Commission Report – Resolving Climate Change Related Disputes through Arbitration and ADR
- 2018 Administered Arbitration Rules: 2018 Administered Arbitration Rules | HKIAC
- Revised SCC Arbitrator’s Guidelines: Revised SCC Arbitrator’s Guidelines - The Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (sccinstitute.com)